Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tried and True

I knew that I couldn't go back to school today empty-handed. My friends know too well that when I go home, I bake. I decided to make brownie's cousin: blondie.



I knew that an 8x8 pan wouldn't go far for me, so I doubled the ingredients (except for the salt, baking powder, and baking soda) to make the blondies in a 13x9 pan. Also, I used milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet. We had some mini Hershey's kisses sitting around in our pantry that I wanted to use up. I sprinkled the top with semisweet, though.



Oh, and I omitted the walnuts that the recipe suggested. People are picky about nuts. I was going for more of a crowd-pleaser.

The recipe also said only to sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, but I thought that was weak. Chocolate chips are meant to be folded into dough if you ask me.

Blondies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and mix well. Beat the eggs and then add them to the mixture. Add the vanilla.

Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, blending well.

Fold in most of your chocolate chips - but save some for sprinkling on top!

Spread the dough into an aluminum foil-lined and sprayed 13x9 pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for around 35 minutes.







So I put these into a care package to bring along with me back to school. I don't think they'll last too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment