Sunday, April 11, 2010

Candy Bars and Cookies

So these cookies initially freaked me out. First of all, the dough was crumbly and dry. My cookie-baking senses told me that this had to be wrong. I double checked all of the ingredients, and no, I hadn't made the stupid mistake of omitting an ingredient.

I just added a tablespoon or so of milk and moved on with my life.

I rolled the dough into balls, noticed that they weren't flattening in the oven, and slightly flattened them with the bottom of a glass.

The result?

Thick, moist, cakey Butterfinger cookies. I'd say that they turned out even better than I expected. My dad kept asking me if he could have another one.

Double Chocolate Butterfinger Cookies
1 stick of butter, room temperature
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large Butterfinger bars, crushed into pieces

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, combine sugars and softened butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.

Add baking soda and salt and mix well. (I didn't read ahead and had already combined the baking soda and salt with the flour. Oops!) Add cocoa and flour and mix thoroughly.

Add butterfinger crumbs and chips and mix well.

Drop in rounded teaspoonfuls onto sheet with an inch and a half space in between (I had to roll the dough into balls because it was so crumbly. There was no "dropping" action here. I don't think that dough could have dropped if it tried.)

Bake for 9-11 minutes. (Mine took about 6. Wow.)



No comments:

Post a Comment