Saturday, April 10, 2010

Old Lady Time

I knew that the word "spicy" in the title of the recipe meant that our kitchen would smell like heaven. I also knew that these cookies were bound to be a success since they were some of the highest rated cookies on AllRecipes.com. I'm such an All Recipes junkie.

I'm such an old lady too. First of all, I have a baking addiction. Second of all, I'm always in bed by about ten and awake by about seven. Oh, and I usually end up eating dinner by around four.

I'm such an unusual college girl.

Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins*



*I soaked the raisins in hot water for fifteen minutes. This makes them more plump and moist for baking! I'd suggest doing so.

Cream the butter and the sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add this into the egg mixture, stirring until well-blended.

Fold in the raisins. Then fold in the oatmeal.

Place rounded teaspoonfuls of dough on a parchment paper-lined sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment