Saturday, May 22, 2010

Perfect Pancakes

I don't have any pictures, mostly because I was too hungry for breakfast this morning to want to take pictures of my food before I scarfed it down.

I searched AllRecipes.com for a good pancake recipe, and fell head-over-heels in love with this one. I made a few slight changes and got the perfect sweet, fluffy pancake. Notice that these don't even need any butter. They taste like heaven without it - and let you feel less guilty for drowning them in syrup.

Buttermilk Pancakes
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg whites (or one whole egg)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used slightly more, maybe 1 1/2 tsp)

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk egg into buttermilk in another bowl. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add vanilla and whisk until lumps are gone.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side.



Mmm, pancakes. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment