Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Ultimate Man Cookie

My younger brother ran to the store today to buy some bacon to go with his eggs at brunch. I encouraged him to let me use it to make chocolate chocolate chunk bacon cookies instead.

Typical me, looking for any excuse to bake something.

These won't come anywhere near my mouth, because quite honestly, bacon repulses me. I'm sure that my dad and brother will eat the whole batch pretty quickly, though.



Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Bacon Cookies
6 slices fried bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (I just used an entire Nestle bag)

Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture.

Fold in the bacon bits and chocolate chunks.

(And here is where I always refrigerate my dough for at least an hour. It's just habit. It would feel wrong not to refrigerate cookie dough. Plus, my angel food cake was still baking.)

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in 350 degree oven.

7 comments:

  1. Bacon in a cookie? that is absolute GENIUS!

    bittersweetsugarandsarcasm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make these so bad! What did your brother and dad think of them?! this is a silly question, but do you fry the bacon up before putting them in the batter?
    Cheers,
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I def have the same questions as Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should def fry up the bacon first... otherwise you will get uneven bacon and thats a bad thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! You fry the bacon. I'll clarify that in the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm saddened to hear that you do not enjoy the awesomeness that is bacon. I wouldn't call these The Ultimate Man Cookie, because I am not a man and I eat copious amounts of delicious bacon. Chocolate and Bacon are quite an unexpected, albeit wonderful combination. I shall try these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bacon works surprisingly well in chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete